Pages

Tuesday 12 June 2012

(un)inspired

Currently my day-to-day life, is what I would consider to be, UNinspiring.

On any given work day, you will find me sitting - for ten hours - at a desk located on an expansion project for a potash mine.  Tack on a half hour lunch break, and a half hours drive each way, and you have approximately twelve hours away from home - away from all things which I adore and all things that bring me joy. All things inspirational.

I recently discovered that I was becoming increasingly anxious and agitated - not with any thing or any one in particular... I just wasn't enjoying myself.  So I took sometime, to sit, actually sit and relax - in the backyard, with a cup of coffee, soaking in the morning sun - and I thought to myself; If I'm not enjoying myself, then what is it that I do enjoy?

I enjoy quality time with Brett.
I enjoy cooking and baking.
I enjoy time with my dog.
I enjoy curling up with a book.
I enjoy time with friends.
I enjoy spending time in the yard.
I enjoy creating things.

and then. i. pushed myself. to become. Inspired!

Considering my job is the primary focus of my time, I needed to come up with ways to make my time away from work more meaningful.  I'll admit that a lot of this journey started out as a daydream.  I've spent countless hours online - looking at blogs, and wishing that I could be like them! Them, being the overwhelmingly creative bloggers I've started to follow. For the longest time, I've been a fan of enJOY it.  Elise is quite honestly one of the most inspiring people I've come across online.  I like to think that her style is so much like mine - although in actuality I'm sure she is light years cooler!  Her projects are so much fun to look at, and follow as she posts her progress.  I honestly couldn't tell you how much time I've spent following and exploring my way through her blog.  She's led me to other great blogs as well, like Ali Edwards and Becky Higgins.  


Now, the one thing that separates me from this wickedly creative women is this --> Work!

Each one of these women has made a career out of the things which bring them joy.  Maybe someday I will find myself in that same boat.  But for now... I am at work, daydreaming about letting my creativity run free and embracing the joys in my life.

My goal, is to enable myself to be creative.  It doesn't have to be time consuming, it doesn't have to be extravagant, it just has to be fun!  So here we go!


0 comments:

Post a Comment