Pages

Thursday 19 July 2012

summer twenty twelve // sick day

About a week ago, I felt a bit of a lump in my throat.  When I got home from work that day, checked it out in the mirror and summed it up to an irritated tonsils.  Happens often in my world, and I can usually make it go away with rest, healthy food, and regular rinsing with Listerine.

Well last week was so busy and exciting, that I didn`t get to rest (in fact I got far less sleep than usual), I ate zero (or should I say negative) healthy food, and totally forgot about using Listerine to stop my raging tonsils in their tracks.  

After all that fun and excitement I found myself feeling generally crappy.  Not just a sore throat due to my tonsils, but all over.  After a trip to the doctor, and confirmation that yes, I have tonsillitis - for what seems like the 1,999th time in my life - I`m now taking a huge dose of antibiotics three times a day.  And I decided it was best for me to stay home yesterday to sleep, catch up on blogging, rest, have a bath, relax, read, eat, chill out, cuddle with Molly. Repeat. 


I`ll tell you one thing - Molly is a fantastic napper, and I usually tell myself that when she gets up, I should get up.  She slept until 8:05, and I woke up to her cute little face snorting right in front of mine.  In the afternoon we had a nap from 12:45 to 3:00 when I woke up to her sweet little eyes staring me down about half an inch from my face, just willing me to get up and let her outside to play.

That about sums up my day at home.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment