Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

summer twenty twelve // sick day... #2


For the second time in less than a month, I'm home from work. SICK.

This time, luckily, it's not tonsillitis.  Over the last two days, I have sneezed approximately 900 times, and used an entire box of Kleenex.  Damn sinuses.

Because I had a surprisingly fun time documenting my quiet day at home the last time I was sick, I figured I would do it again.  There is one BIG big difference this time around though... Molly isn't here.

Molly left on Sunday for a two week play-cation with Brett's family.  Two factors went into our decision to have Molly join Brett's family for a little while; a) Brett's mom is head-over-heels in love with her b) Brett's little brother is taking a big step and moving away for his first year of university.  Both these factors led Brett and I to believe that having Molly around would be good for them.  She loves, and cares, and makes everyone around her feel great.  She is truly a very good dog. And.I.miss.her.

So instead of cuddling with Molly, I will cuddle up in bed and watch movies, blog a bit, guzzle back as much chicken noodle soup as I can possibly handle, work on my summer mini-book a bit, and have a bubble bath.


 
Currently:

Loving:  Every chance I can get to relax.  We've had way too much on the go, and it doesn't look like things will be slowing down any time soon.

Watching: No Strings Attached. I love a watching a chick flick every now and then, and why not cuddle up in front of the tv with a bowl of chicken noodle soup, my favorite blanket from grandma, and a box of Kleenex on a cold and windy day?

Brett and I just finished powering through Prison Break on Netflix last week.  We've been watching each new episode of Breaking Bad Season 5, and are just itching for seasons of our other favorite shows to start this fall.

Listening to: Phillip Phillips - Home

Reading: The Family Fang.  The locally owned stationary and office supply store sells books here in town, I was almost done Secret Daughter and needed something to move on to next.  Small towns do not have an abundance of books to choose from, so I found myself looking for anything with 'Best Seller' or 'Award Winning' on the cover.  This is what I found, so I'm going to give it a shot.  I'm a couple chapters in and it's been fine so far.

Eating: Chicken Noodle Soup.  I'm marinating some Tilapia fillets as we speak I type, and plan on cooking up some chicken breasts to top off a spinach salad for lunch tomorrow too.

Wishing: I had more time.  There is so much: stuff I want to do around the house, hobbies I want to pick up, new crafting things I want to try, books I want to read, workouts I'm missing out on.  The list of how MUCH there is that I'm not doing is very, very, very long.  I'm in another one of my ruts where I can't wait for this work project to be DONE. I want so badly to have time in my home with my little family and time to myself, that I feel like it's eating me from the inside out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment